Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Monday, Feb 21 - Sunday, Feb 27

Monday, February 21, 2011

Diaper Wash Day!
Today is President's Day so no fluffy mail. Blah.
I must have fallen asleep that Moi most likely prepared his meals for work.
I set aside 25 newborn and 1 small prefolds and boiled them. Then, I hung them in the clothesline, after a few hours, I put them in the washer and dryer. While they were a little damp, I brought them up and ironed them out.
My in-laws came over at around 4PM and MIL helped me out with Abdiel while I did laundry.


Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I'm so upset that at around 245 AM I heard a thud and woke up to find out that Abdiel was on the floor! I'm not sure how is it that I was in the center of our King size bed and after Abdiel's nursing session, I placed him on top of my chest to burp him and somewhere along the line, he fell and it was my fault but thank God for sending his mighty angels for protecting Abdiel and didn't seem to get hurt because I checked him and as soon as I picked him up, he stopped crying. He got scared and was loosely swaddled.
Thankfully, the bagful of stuff right next to my night table plus my shirt and workout pant were also on the floor and those items helped create some kind of a cushion.
I really need to stay alert no matter how exhausted I am. It's a very scary experience but so glad that he's fine. Now he's on the far right of the bed close to the wall.
MIL came over to watch Abdiel while I cooked Moi's meals because I was planning on staying over at my inlaw's house.

I finally got ahold of the pediatric gastroenterologist. The appointment is going to be for Monday, Feb 28 at 1:15 PM.

Moi got his other black Nike tennis shoes.

I also bought some stuff from Vitacost.com. Surprisingly, I also got free shipping!

While Moi studied in our room, I washed the dishes. Slowly but got most of it done.

I stayed with Abdiel while hubby got some sleep because he had not gotten any rest.
I bought Abdiel three Sophie teethers from Mami's and Papi's and placed a bid on the big Sophie on eBay.
When I tried to pump, I had Abdiel over my right shoulder. Moi walked into the kitchen at that moment and the pump had quit working so I grabbed an empty bottle and tried to squeeze my engorged breast but Moi told me to put everything as it was and sucked through the tubing and that's how I was able to pump at least 2 oz at a time. Moi even helped me.

 Abdiel and I slept in the guest room.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Diaper Wash Day!

I washed 11 NB prefolds, 6 Small Prefolds, Thirsties Pail Liner, some wipes and Large Prefolds using 1.5 TBSP Hard Rock RnG plus a packet of RLR and started the washer on the My Cycle Setting which is (prewash, wash, rinse, extra rinse and spin)
Turned out that there was a lot of sudsing during the rinsing cycles so I re-started the wash using the Cotton Setting on soil and extra rinse to get more water coming through plus I dragged the hose to get some more water through the detergent compartments.
Meanwhile, Michelle's box arrived. She sent me some Lansinoh BM bags, Playtex liners, some links and bibs for Abdiel.
I was also on the phone with her dealing with the Medela Pump issue.

I kept emptying out the bucket that's behind the washing machine because the faucet has a leak.
Once the spin cycle was done, I stopped the washer and brought the prefolds up to boil them and then hung them on the clothesline.

I've been carrying Abdiel with me in the ERGO.

I also cleaned the living room as best as I could.

I placed an offer on eBay for the large Sophie the Giraffe yesterday for $16 and was denied and offered it for $17.50 and the seller accepted the offer today and I paid for it today. The seller for the Medela Harmony Hand Pump never responded to my $15.00 offer so I ended up buying it because it was the cheapest with shipping and handling.

Thursday, February 24, 2011





Friday, February 25, 2011

Diaper Wash Day!

Orange, yellow, brown, wipes, and GroVia soakers.
I cooked oatmeal and eggs for tomorrow because Moi has duty. No fluffy mail today.
Moi came home around 1 PM. He didn't take the test because the testers weren't available.
I texted Xiomi to see if we could stay at her place from Sunday to Monday. We should be there between 6 to 7 PM. She's all for it.

I also texted my MIL to bring some clothesline pins. One of Moi's co-worker checked out the room downstair.
I got a call from Dr. Rosado's office confirming Abdiel's appointment on Monday at 145 PM. Sonia, the lactation consultant, called me to see how things were going. She said that I could introduce the sippy cup to Abdiel at any time. Also, she said that Abdiel could be congested and that's why he's refusing to nurse and/or is beginning to teeth in the upcoming months.

I hung dry Abdiel's diapers. One particular GroVia soaker was really stained but the sun bleached it!
There was a concert at Church so we went.
MIL got a fabulous haircut and had her hair flattened! She also had her nails done. I didn't recognize her!
When we came home. We got ready for bed but I went to the kitchen to eat some cereal and played around on my phone to take up on Sustainablebabyish's wool covers pre-order for new colors that ship in May. :-) I got Galactic in Small, Peacot and Mint in Medium.
 
We returned to our room to be with Moi again.

Saturday, February 26, 2011

3 AM - I changed Abdiel's diaper and nursed him. Then I went to the kitchen to pump by suctioning on the tubing. Then I  put clean dishes away, prepare Moi's breakfast, meals for work, coffee, etc.
By the time that I was done it was already 530 AM. Moi was waking up to get ready for work and looked very tired.
By the time that I was going out and about with my daily routine, it was almost 9 AM. The mail man came in at around 10:30 AM and brought 4 fluffy mail! Two from Vitacost, the Medela Harmony Manual Pump, and 9 pack of assorted Scunci hair ties. I gifted three packs to Xiomi for her birthday.
My MIL came over in the late afternoon to help me watch Abdiel while I prepped the recycling stuff, in between feeding and diaper changing, I finally was able to do some laundry, then leave the house to drop the recycling stuff while she took Abdiel out for a sun tan.
We gave Abdiel a bath in the guest bathroom's shower. Put Abdiel to sleep in the swing. MIL helped me sweep while I cleaned out the refrigerator. I gave her some oatmeal cookies to take with her along with some a dozen of egg, cartons of Indulac milk, some sturdy boxes, etc.
I took a shower while MIL watched Abdiel. Moi called to see if everything was okay.
After she left, I heated up my mixed rice, veggies, and chicken, ate it and continued working around the house. Mico called and texted me to ask me for a favor to pick up some papers for him on Monday.
Later, my in-laws came to pick us up to go to a Juventud Presbiteriana Noroeste in Quebradillas. Yolandita and other youth got nominated as leaders. There was a concert going on too.
We went in the 4Runner. My FIL drove and stopped by a Total gas station. I got off to charge $40 on the card. Gas was like 83 cents per liter! It went up!
Abdiel had been crying along the way. I sat in the back seat next to him to calm his cries but it took a while.
Nina held Abdiel for a while then MIL too. I changed and nursed Abdiel.
As soon as we came home. MIL stayed downstairs as FIL helped me bring Abdiel up.
I tried to calm Abdiel down to go to sleep. I fed then swaddled him. I sang and swung him until he started dozing off. We went to sleep just before midnight. I am exhausted!

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Diaper Wash Day!

Moi came home from duty at around 9 AM. Moi left home at 1130 PM to meet with Christian to go surfing at the Wilderness. I stayed home to pack Abdiel's and my stuff before our trip. Moi came home by 330 PM. He was famished so he ate what his mom made on Friday rice, beans, and chicken.
I ate millet cereal but before leaving, I made a shake.
We left by 6 PM but Moi mistakenly to a wrong turn to the West so he had to turn around. We stopped by my grandparent's. Mico left a red envelope on behalf grandma's in San Francisco. Then we stopped by my mom's work. She prepared us food. Then we headed toward Guaynabo to our friends house.

Xiomi liked her assorted color Scunci's :)



No comments:

Post a Comment