Friday, February 11, 2011

Monday, Feb 7 - Sunday, Feb 13

Monday, February 7, 2011

Diaper Wash Day!

I worked tidying up the kitchen. I ate some dry millet cereal with rice milk with an added spoon of Boku Super Food; it wasn't bad.

I also made us breakfast. I was also able to use the Crock Pot slow cooker for the first time. I dumped some cooked boneless chicken thighs, sliced onions, carrots and some pepper an salt.
Buddha Bunz's 4 wool green dryer balls came in along with the scented lavender vanilla, monkey farts, clothesline fresh, baby powder, mango papaya and oatmeal, milk, and honey.
I'm drying our Glod Bless America blanket with the mango papaya scent. I'm using 4 green and 4 dark pink colored balls. I applied a few drops onto the wool dryer balls.

I sun dried a few of the stained prefolds after washing them by placing a towel on the floor and then the damped prefolds. Awesome! the lightly stained prefold's stains were gone and the heavily stained one faded.
Moi finally put up the clothes line! Yay!
I fell off the stairs today as I was rushing downstairs to check on the diaper's washing cycle. Moi rushed to help me up. Thankfully I wasn't injured. My left arm was a little numb and my right leg almost twisted.
I'm happy that Abdiel is growing and gaining weight quick. I suspect that my breast milk may taste sour.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I prepared breakfast for Moi and me and prepped his meals because he has duty today. Abdiel bombed his diaper. I used the small prefold and cover on him for that one and he didn't leak outside of the prefold.
He moved our furnitures and swept the floor. I received my Large Imse Vimse and Medium Kissaluvs wool covers with a sample Eucalan Wool wash from Mom's Milk Boutique.

Becky sent us another check for Abdiel.

We left right after 1130 AM. I headed to the WIC's office. I need to go back on the 18th at 10 AM for an evaluation to see if I still qualify for the program.

Afterwards, I dragged the Large and Medium Flat rate boxes to the Post Office with Abdiel in the sling. The postmaster lady was sort of cold and told me that I needed to re-package everything in a different box and asked me if I had tape, since I didn't, she sold me a tape for $3.39. I struggled to re-package the prefolds but I managed to get them done. A lady stopped and asked me if I spoke Spanish. I said yes. She offered to help me and I gladly accepted. She squished the boxes together and I taped the box.

Thank God for people like her. I paid $14.95 for the large and $10.95 for the medium plus 2 booklets of forever stamps and delivery confirmaton (0310 2640 0001 2901 9211 and 0310 2640 0001 2901 9228) for both boxes. Hopefully Cassie should get the boxes this weekend.

I drove Abdiel and me to my in-laws. I managed to relax a little bit while MIL held Abdiel.

Abdiel slept the entire time. He peed just about every hour until he finally mega bombed his diaper that MIL helped wash him down.

We headed home late but made it safely. Abdiel cried on our way home. When I got home, Efraín, our neighbor, called me over the fence. I headed out to his house with Abdiel. He had his grandson, Efraín, bring the a box over to our home. I handed Abdiel over to Lily while I headed back home unload some stuff from the car. Efraín, the grandson, helped me out. When I opened the box, I was surprised to find out that the Coast Guard sent us a boxful of Gerber's items for baby. It was a layette package. That's nice.

I tried to nurse Abdiel and change his diapers since he's been fussing a lot. Once he "fell asleep" I sneaked into the shower and by the time I got out, he was already fussing again.

I tried to eat some rice milk with millet cereal with a spoonful of Boku Super Food and Boku Protein.

I tried to get us in bed to get some sleep.


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

This seldom happens but as Abdiel was yawning, I gave him his 'bottle' and began nursing as soon as he closed his mouth. Smooth transition. Abdiel grunted and fussed all night long. I tried to nurse, burp, change his diapers, rock him and everything that I could think of to calm him down.  I'm thinking that he's growth spurting because of the constant nursing as of yesterday. I've also noticed an increased engorgement.We were out of bed by 9 AM although I've been awake throughout the night. Abdiel has been grunting a lot more. I'm thinking that it has to do with my diet again.

Today is Hani's birthday. As soon as she called me, I sang her Happy Birthday. She's headed out to Perú with Alexander tomorrow. I'm going to miss them although we're still many miles away.

I called Tricare 's International SOS to find out about my referral status for an ear and eye doctors but turned out that I took so long in getting back with them that the referrals already expired. I'm going to have to make another appointment to see my PCM to get another referral. This is going to be the third time.

My in-laws came over for a little bit. MIL held onto Abdiel while I worked on Abdiel's referral to the pediatric gastroenterologist with Tricare Int'l SOS.

I'm calling the pediatric's office tomorrow to have them do the request because I haven't been able to get through Tricare's e-mail.

I hung dry the prefolds on the clothesline to get some stains off.

I realized that I made a huge mistake when I finally realized that I forgot to set the detergent compartment for powder. Basically, the diapers never went through a detergent wash!!! I'm washing them again tomorrow. Sheesh. Now I can say that I prewashed the prefolds for over two hours.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Diaper Wash Day! I messed up yesterday by setting up the liquid's detergent compartment and not the powder setting. Duh. I'm re-washing everything again along with the dirty pail from yesterday to today's along with the GroVia snap-in soakers. I hung the prefolds and placed some of them on the glass table along with the snap-in soakers, and cloth pads to give the dryer a break and use nature's own sanitizer and stain remover, the sun. I also ran out of clothesline so I used the hammock. It's been a windy day.

I posted this on my Facebook album:

Good morning, what are you feeding your body this morning? In an attempt at trying a gluten, dairy, wheat, and soy free diet, I blended half a canteloupe, 5 small bananas, one scoop of Boku Super Protein, one scoop of Boku Super Food (hence the green color) and rice milk. Bon appetit! "Remember that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit ;-) "
 

Abdiel turns 6 weeks today! I'm so happy.

The mailman came out later than usual and it was a different mailman. He gave me a small flat rate box and in it were 4 small covers. Two Bummis Super Brites, one Thirsties, and an Econobum plus a $15 check to cover the shipping of 24 newborn and 6 small prefolds.

The mailman beeped the horn shortly after I walked into the living room. He forgot to give me a HUGE box. They are 2 out of 3 comforters that I ordered on eBay. He helped me bring them up. I offered him some water and a granola bar and thanked him for the help.

I finally dumped all of the assorted Buddha Bunz wool dryer balls in the dryer. Look how beautiful they are.
My in-laws stopped by in the evening. Moi was studying while my MIL snuggled Abdiel up on her lap.

Michael also stopped by to take back Xiomi's cooler, I also served him dinner. Rice with chicken wing and beans that my MIL made. Also, Michael confessed that he's afraid to carry a baby and that Abdiel is the first baby that he holds for a longer period of time. I think that this is a golden moment. Also, my MIL brought over some fine clothings from over 30 years ago that were worn by Moi and his brother when they were a baby. See photo of my brother and Abdiel and the clothing.
Michael left and we agreed to meet on Monday when I go to my follow-up post partum appointment with my OB/GYN in Mayagüez. Perhaps I can spend some time with him while Moi stays home to study.



Friday, February 11, 2011

Abdiel went without a diaper change for about 7 hours. He hadn't peed for a long time and haven't pooped since Wednesday!

 I got my third sling in size for "Northen Light" in the mail from Seven Slings. I have been trying to call the pediatric gastroenterologist's office to make an appointment for Abdiel but haven't been able to get through.

Abdiel has been fussing so I'm trying to find ways to calm him down.


Saturday, February 12, 2011

Moi had duty so he took off early to work. At around 9 AM a lady called to promote some hotel packages which sounds like a good deal but I told her that I needed to consult it with hubby first. She'll probably be calling me on Tuesday.
I called Saúl because the lady said that he gave her my name and number.
He was going to buy the package also but didn't have the money at that time.
I'm sad because I broke my favorite Snappi- purple color. I'm very happy that I received Cassie's prefold fitted with snaps along with the Oh So Suave flannel 8x8 cloth wipe and some wipe bits from Crow Mountain Crafts. I had Abdiel try the Zaby Baby prefold converted into fitted but there were gaps in the gussets area as well as roomy space in the crotch area which made me think that it's the equivalent of the small sized prefold from GMD. I think that he already outgrew the newborn sized prefolds from GMD except for the selected fews that have an extra inch across the serged area because rise-wise he still fits in them.
MIL came over to help me with Abdiel while I prepped his diaper bag. I decided to use the GroVia one size diapers for the first time. I might use those for when she changes Abdiel. I've only begun to prep six of the snap-in soaker pads but I'll have to prep the remaining six.

I nursed and changed Abdiel's diaper before heading out. MIL drove the 4 Runner and I drove the Tacoma. We stopped by the gas station in the  downtown area because the tank read empty. I put in $40 on the 4 Runner. As I was heading out of the gas station, I almost backed up against a car. How embarrasing.
We headed over to her house. After nursing and changing Abdiel's diaper several time, I headed off to Fresh Mart at around 2:50 PM. I ate some rice with broccoli, lentil soup, potato croquette and coconut horchata. Then I bought two half gallon organic rice milk, pumpkin bread, and millet cereal. I returned in less than an hour but Abdiel was sound asleep and slept for two and half hour because he woke up crying at 5:30 PM. Jailiz had called me to see if I was home but I wasn't so instead, I guided them to our house over the phone. On their next visit, they'll know how to get there.
Abdiel and I went home in the late evening.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Diaper Wash Day!

I've started adding the GroVia diapers into the mix because I set aside the newborn prefolds that I'm sending to Bethany. Sniff Sniff.

Moi brought me some nice clothings and a beautiful card with touching words in it. I was swayed. :)

I worked around the house and finally packed Abdiel's stuff and mine to stay over at my in-laws after the Sunday's service.

No comments:

Post a Comment