Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Monday, Feb 28 - Sunday, Mar 6

Monday, February 28, 2011

Abdiel turned 2 months today since there's no day 30 this month.

We woke up to get ready and ate the food that my mom made us the night before.

I'm glad that since Moi deleted a bunch of apps from my phone, it has been running much faster.

We didn't go to the Exchange because we didn't want to risk getting to the pediatric gastroenterologist's office. Plus, the Commissary was going to be closed on Mondays.

We kind of got lost but the lady from the doc's office guided us over the phone. The Torre de Auxilio Mutuo brought back memories of my dad who stayed at the Hospital Auxilio Mutuo when he was alive. Abdiel's appointment was at 1:45 PM but we were there an hour early. This doc, in my opinion, is too laid back. And the nerve of this guy to say that the 100% cotton that Abdiel had on is hot in PR's weather. Surely, he hasn't done his researchs.

Basically, he prescribed some meds and put me on a no soy and no dairy diet and among other foods.

We ate at Church's Chicken before heading back to the West... but got lost! We missed our exit by one lane and ended up in Isla Verde. :(






We stopped by a house close to Victory's shopping center to pick up Michael's tax return and paid $30 that he left us.

Traffic was bad but we finally made it home before 9 PM.

We got tons of fluffy mails. We got the surf board address labels, Gera and Hani's package with the Soffe T-Shirts, Michelle's Medela PISA, Mami's and Papi's (Sophie and the Vanilla Teethers) and 1 out of 3 package from Vitacost.



Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Today is pay day and I've notice that the pay has gone up.


Diaper Wash Day! (Twice) The first round wasn't clean but I still line dried them.


I woke up early to prepare Moi's food, cooked up some rice with veggies and chick peas, clothesline dried the diapers and headed out to Mayagüez. I went in the Civic. I hadn't driven it for over 6 months and was rusty driving it. I met up with Michael at Church's Chicken parking lot near downtown. I ate a Pechu Pop combo while Michael held Abdiel, then we headed out to Toy's R Us to confirm that I could open the Medela's PISA and still use the warranty, dropped Mico off at his place, and headed out to Sam's Club. I bought some groceries and then headed out back with Abdiel. It sure was a long day.

Fortunately I remembered to pay for our mortgage! The funds were there but forgot to make the payment.

I also bought another Small Undercover Mama but in black.

I received the changing pad and diaper bag from The Diaper Bag Wrangler. The prints are beautiful but apparently the diaper bag doesn't have a waterproof lining. I also got the big Sophie in the mail.

I helped Moi place his duty clothes in the large aqua wet bag. They fit perfectly compacted. :)


Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I woke up early to take Abdiel to his pediatric appointment. I was waiting outside the office at 8:20 AM. The office didn't open until 8:35 AM. The doctor didn't come in to see Abdiel until almost 10 AM. Abdiel weighed about 11 lbs and over 23 inches. He had his penis pulled down. Sniff sniff.

I went in the car again because I didn't know how to take the car seat's base out.
I came home before 10:30 AM. Prepared our breakfasts, I also prepared Moi's breakfast for tomorrow and all his meals.

Moi brought up two boxes. We got the Down Cotton Comforter and a bagful of socks. Apparently, Moi ripped one of the muslin swaddling blankets.


Right after he left, I went to Wal-Mart to return the unopened breast pump that Moi bought and tried to shop for Faded Glory's non-skids socks for Abdiel but they ran out on his size. I carried Abdiel in the Moby Wrap. I met a lady who was in the baby's section with her 6 months old baby girl asleep in the stroller and another elderly man next to her, we talked about how tough it is to be a mom. Before she left, she gave me a kiss in the cheek.

I bought two boxes of a total of 6 space saver, a lingerie mesh bag, a clothespin mesh bag, two cartons of rice milk, a bag of trail mix, and a roll of clear tape.

My MIL came over to help me with Abdiel while I ate, pumped 6 oz of breastmilk using the new Medela PISA pump, taped up 24 newborn and 6 small prefolds along with the Econobum to have it shipped to the mom-to-be.

My MIL took the Infant Summer's Monitor to drop it off at the UPS office.

I'm washing and drying the Down comforter and Moby Wrap. I'm also glad that I got a 10% off coupon from eBay on electronic items and that includes the battery charger and batteries so I bought the package that I've had my eyes on since the other package was canceled due to out of stock.

I've taken the waterproof covers off of Abdiel and he's been airing out in his prefolds but I want to air him out with absolutely no clothes on to see if his crack heals from the rash.

No comments:

Post a Comment